5 second test

Jaeger, David
I came across this link today. It's a web site where you upload a screen
shot of a webpage, send the link to any number of testers to view the page
for 5 seconds and then they are asked to list the things they noticed. The
results are sent to the email address you use to set up the test.

http://www.fivesecondtest.com

It's based on this article: http://www.uie.com/articles/five_second_test/

Dave

David Jaeger
Florida Gulf Coast University

---
You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email].
with the word UNSUBSCRIBE as the SUBJECT of the message.

Make Web-based changes or subscribe/unsubscribe at:

Visit uwebd's FAQ sheet, maintained by Kevin Lowey, at http://www.usask.ca/web_project/uwebd/.

RE: 5 second test

Tran, Minh
Hey thanks for sharing the links, we got our 5 seconds test:

I came across this link today. It's a web site where you upload a screen
shot of a webpage, send the link to any number of testers to view the
page for 5 seconds and then they are asked to list the things they
noticed. The results are sent to the email address you use to set up the
test.

http://www.fivesecondtest.com

It's based on this article:
http://www.uie.com/articles/five_second_test/

Dave

David Jaeger
Florida Gulf Coast University

---
You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email].
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email] with the word
UNSUBSCRIBE as the SUBJECT of the message.

Make Web-based changes or subscribe/unsubscribe at:
http://listserver.itd.umich.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=uwebd&text_mode=0
. If you experience problems, contact list owner Terry Calhoun at
[hidden email].

Visit uwebd's FAQ sheet, maintained by Kevin Lowey, at
http://www.usask.ca/web_project/uwebd/.

---
You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email].
with the word UNSUBSCRIBE as the SUBJECT of the message.

Make Web-based changes or subscribe/unsubscribe at:

Visit uwebd's FAQ sheet, maintained by Kevin Lowey, at http://www.usask.ca/web_project/uwebd/.

RE: 5 second test

Tran, Minh
..and here's the link...

http://fivesecondtest.com/test/fa1b370

Minh

Minh Tran
Webmaster
Office of Communication Services
ENMU Station 6, 1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130
Phone: 575.562.2032

Visit uwebd's FAQ sheet, maintained by Kevin Lowey, at http://www.usask.ca/web_project/uwebd/.

RE: 5 second test

Brian Steere
That is rather intriguing.

Here is ours: http://fivesecondtest.com/test/7822e0f
--
Brian Steere
Web Developer/Programmer

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Tran, Minh <[hidden email]> wrote:
..and here's the link...

http://fivesecondtest.com/test/fa1b370

Minh

--- You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email]. To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email] with the word UNSUBSCRIBE as the SUBJECT of the message. Make Web-based changes or subscribe/unsubscribe at: http://listserver.itd.umich.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=uwebd&text_mode=0. If you experience problems, contact list owner Terry Calhoun at [hidden email]. Visit uwebd's FAQ sheet, maintained by Kevin Lowey, at http://www.usask.ca/web_project/uwebd/.

Re: 5 second test

Michael Fienen
Thanks for sharing.  This is great to make and fire off across Twitter.

MPF

David Jaeger wrote:

> I came across this link today. It's a web site where you upload a screen
> shot of a webpage, send the link to any number of testers to view the page
> for 5 seconds and then they are asked to list the things they noticed. The
> results are sent to the email address you use to set up the test.
>
> http://www.fivesecondtest.com
>
> It's based on this article: http://www.uie.com/articles/five_second_test/
>
> Dave
>
> David Jaeger
> Florida Gulf Coast University
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email].
> with the word UNSUBSCRIBE as the SUBJECT of the message.
>
> Make Web-based changes or subscribe/unsubscribe at:
>
> Visit uwebd's FAQ sheet, maintained by Kevin Lowey, at http://www.usask.ca/web_project/uwebd/.

---
You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email].
with the word UNSUBSCRIBE as the SUBJECT of the message.

Make Web-based changes or subscribe/unsubscribe at:

Visit uwebd's FAQ sheet, maintained by Kevin Lowey, at http://www.usask.ca/web_project/uwebd/.

RE: 5 second test

Lindsey,Katherine R

This is really cool!  Does it resize the image you upload or did you guys put in a set width and height?

Visit uwebd's FAQ sheet, maintained by Kevin Lowey, at http://www.usask.ca/web_project/uwebd/.

RE: 5 second test

Tran, Minh
I believe we have to resize the image, Photoshop is my savior!
Minh

This is really cool!  Does it resize the image you upload or did you guys put in a set width and height?

Visit uwebd's FAQ sheet, maintained by Kevin Lowey, at http://www.usask.ca/web_project/uwebd/.

RE: 5 second test

Barber, Christopher Todd (Todd)
I created a forum thread over at the Ning site to post links to tests.

Come join the fun
http://cuwebd.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=1763934%3ATopic%3A26787

todd

=======
C. Todd Barber
IT Analyst III
Information Technology Services
University of Tennessee Health Science Center

Visit uwebd's FAQ sheet, maintained by Kevin Lowey, at http://www.usask.ca/web_project/uwebd/.

RE: 5 second test

Greenfield, Mark
Thanks Dave for the original post and Todd for creating the Ning thread.  I would encourage everyone interested to post there links there and take the tests posted by community members.

Mark

Visit uwebd's FAQ sheet, maintained by Kevin Lowey, at http://www.usask.ca/web_project/uwebd/.

RE: 5 second test

Hopkins, Justin
Indeed, this is a very nice tool. Thanks for sharing!

Visit uwebd's FAQ sheet, maintained by Kevin Lowey, at http://www.usask.ca/web_project/uwebd/.

RE: 5 second test

King's Cat (Cassandra King)
this is fascinating!
i've taken a few myself
and am getting a few responses back on our 5sec test

very useful

i posted ours on ning as well, thanks for that thread

cass

---