Accessibility and 360 degree images

James Crone
Our Admissions office purchased a pro-sumer grade 360 degree camera to capture images throughout campus.  It is something where the image itself is uploaded to the manufacturer's site in a proprietary format and then they provide an embed you can place on a web page.  One problem...none of the controls in the embedded player from the manufacturer are keyboard navicable and therefore it does not meet accessibility requirements.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a 360 degree image solution that does meet WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility requirements?

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Crone
Executive Director of Digital Marketing and Communications
and Electronic Information Technology Accessibility Coordinator

Comstock Hall 201 • 1501 W Bradley Ave • Peoria, IL 61625
[hidden email] • (309) 677-3844 • www.bradley.edu

Re: Accessibility and 360 degree images

Bauserman, Andrew A
James,

Not to dis the camera, but I'd look to replace it with one that lets you choose your venue (YouTube, Facebook, etc.).

YouTube is not perfect, but at least it supports captions plus keyboard navigation (AWSD keys to move around in 360). I'd push the vendor for at least this much capability - or switch vendors.

--
Andrew Bauserman
University Web & Design