Accessible Streaming Audio Player

Schroeder, Ms. Karole

I’m looking for solutions to an accessibility issue for an audio streaming service we are trying to provide our community. The audio player needs the following functionality, at minimum:

·         Can handle streaming (e.g., .m3u or .aac) URLs.

·         Can provide a playlist of previous few songs (retrieve metadata provided by the owner of the playlist)

·         Can display the current song

·         Cross-device compatible

·         Track information on how many people are listening to the streaming service and when*

*I’m under the impression that might be possible just with Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager, but I wasn’t sure exactly how. I don’t normally see hourly reports except through the real-time feature.

Please let me know if something like this has been on your radar or if you know if any solutions you’ve run across.

Thank you so much!

Tarleton State UniversityKarole Schroeder

Accessibility Coordinator & Web Designer/Developer

Office of Web Services

Department of Marketing & Communications

254-968-1819 | www.tarleton.edu/webservices

Tarleton State University, Stephenville, TX

Need marketing assistance or help with web updates? Send us your requests online!

image001.jpg (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Accessible Streaming Audio Player

Sherman, Kevin

Have you considered SoundCloud? They have a really nice platform, lots of statistics, and seemly affordable price. Like YouTube, it sorta takes so much of the work off your team to just focus on the content and embedding the player.

https://soundcloud.com/pro?ref=t201

Kevin Sherman

Web Developer, Benedictine University

(o): (630) 829-6640  |  (c): (224) 730-2083

"Work hard at work worth doing" — Theodore Roosevelt