Active Calendar being sold to Dude Software

Active Calendar being sold to Dude Software

Cambre, Aren

Active Calendar and Active Data Calendar are being sold to Dude Software: http://activedata.com/20170313dudeannouncement/

Many of us are users of Active Calendar (cloud version) or Active Data Calendar (mostly deprecated, on-premises version). What are your thoughts about path forward?

image001

Aren Cambre, D.Eng., '99, '03, '14
Director, Web Application Services
Office of Information Technology
Southern Methodist University

RE: Active Calendar being sold to Dude Software

Jeanne Commette

Aren, we have been with Active Data since 2002. We just moved, recently, to Active Calendar. I don’t know much about Dude Solutions. Therefore, I will need to learn more about them and their plans for Active Calendar before preparing this year’s web budget.

I will be curious to hear what others plan to do.

Jeanne M. Commette

Director of Web Development
ENDICOTT COLLEGE
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915

(978) 232-2344

www.endicott.edu

RE: Active Calendar being sold to Dude Software

Lonnie Smetana

Hi,

This announcement comes at an interesting time for us. We are a current Active Data customer 3.x calendar software) and are in the process of looking at our options for event calendar/registration software.

I am also interested to hear what others are doing in this area.

Regards

Lonnie Smetana

Solution Architect

IST – Architecture Team

University of Manitoba

Re: Active Calendar being sold to Dude Software

Laudenslager, Kristin R
After using our CMS calendar to pitiful results, we’ve just launched Localist (we’re still working out some tweaks) but so far, so good!
We have it pulling in all of our disparate calendars (athletics, student life, admissions, important dates) into ONE place. It was very easy to implement and it’s very easy to use.  We’ve only had it a short time, but already I’d willingly recommend it!

On Mar 24, 2017, at 12:33 PM, Lonnie Smetana <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

This announcement comes at an interesting time for us. We are a current Active Data customer 3.x calendar software) and are in the process of looking at our options for event calendar/registration software.

I am also interested to hear what others are doing in this area.

Regards
Lonnie Smetana
Solution Architect
IST – Architecture Team
University of Manitoba

Many of us are users of Active Calendar (cloud version) or Active Data Calendar (mostly deprecated, on-premises version). What are your thoughts about path forward?

<image003.gif>
Aren Cambre, D.Eng., '99, '03, '14
Director, Web Application Services
Office of Information Technology
Southern Methodist University

<message-footer.txt>

This message, together with any attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged information and is intended only for the owner(s) of the e-mail address listed as the recipient of this message. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender, therefore, does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of email transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version. DeSales University, 2755 Station Avenue, Center Valley, PA 18034 www.desales.edu

Re: Active Calendar being sold to Dude Software

Chuck Woods
Hi Aren –

We have been with Active Data since 2005 and we are a bit concerned about the future of the Active Data Calendar.  The first info we received about the change was in the announcement email from Active Data Exchange’s CEO that there has been a transfer of assets to Dude Solutions.

Has anyone had any further communications with Dude Solutions on their plans for support, maintenance or future plans?

Chuck

Chuck Woods
Web Services Coordinator
Finger Lakes Community College
www.flcc.edu

From: Jeanne Commette <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 3:50 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

Aren, we have been with Active Data since 2002. We just moved, recently, to Active Calendar. I don’t know much about Dude Solutions. Therefore, I will need to learn more about them and their plans for Active Calendar before preparing this year’s web budget.

I will be curious to hear what others plan to do.

Jeanne M. Commette
Director of Web Development
ENDICOTT COLLEGE
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
(978) 232-2344
www.endicott.edu<http://www.endicott.edu/>

image001.jpg (5K) Download Attachment
image002.gif (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Active Calendar being sold to Dude Software

Hubbard, Richard
Here at Housatonic Community College, we purchased a very inexpensive module for Joomla called RSEvents and canceled Active Calendar before they got sold. The new product seems to offer so much more than Active Calendar did.

Richard Hubbard | Webmaster

Housatonic Community College | Office of Marketing
[hidden email] | 203.332.5966

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.flcc.edu&data=02%7C01%7Crhubbard%40hcc.commnet.edu%7Cfb649865a80c474adeec08d476c29b0b%7C679df878277a496aac8dd99e58606dd9%7C0%7C0%7C636264025570679817&sdata=wMND3NagDE0%2FJUhn15%2FQtaVBpkssCESi1T69NfOpC4Q%3D&reserved=0

From: Jeanne Commette <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 3:50 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.endicott.edu&data=02%7C01%7Crhubbard%40hcc.commnet.edu%7Cfb649865a80c474adeec08d476c29b0b%7C679df878277a496aac8dd99e58606dd9%7C0%7C0%7C636264025570679817&sdata=hkSkbLac%2BBs5TtMB4WsN7GRIg8dm%2Bsvqx9nwaaFmgz8%3D&reserved=0<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.endicott.edu%2F&data=02%7C01%7Crhubbard%40hcc.commnet.edu%7Cfb649865a80c474adeec08d476c29b0b%7C679df878277a496aac8dd99e58606dd9%7C0%7C0%7C636264025570679817&sdata=hzpu0FjKDRjpsnalIEVFWQXvDKc%2BhRc4ky24rIbDzG8%3D&reserved=0>