Back-End Web Developer position, Portland OR

Back-End Web Developer position, Portland OR

Jason Whitener
Back-End Web Developer
Portland Community College

Join a great team that is committed to helping the students and staff of Portland Community College. We're looking for a talented back-end developer (Web Analyst) to work on custom and vendor applications, including our student portal.

About us:
PCC is the largest post-secondary institution in Oregon, serving nearly 80,000 students each year. We fill a unique role, one that offers high quality education and opportunities for our students.

Skills:
- Strong web programming and development skills (ColdFusion, PHP, Java)
- Expertise building web applications using current web standards
- Experience implementing and supporting third-party web applications
- Supporting web server environments (IIS, Apache, Tomcat)
- Effective communication skills

Nice-to-haves:
- JavaScript
- CSS
- Accessibility
- Git
- Linux/bash

What we offer:
Interesting projects: our projects run the gamut from custom web applications to supporting enterprise-level vendor apps.
Work/life balance: we enjoy our work, meet our deadlines, and have a good time.
Make a difference: your work will impact thousands of students, helping them to pursue their education.

Pay:
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.

Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.

Paid Leave:
Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
8 hours of Sick Leave per month
24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
11 Paid Holidays

Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.

For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/">http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/

Starting Salary Range:
$4,732 - $7,530 per month ** New employees are normally hired at the entry level of the salary range

Location:
PCC Sylvania Campus: 12000 SW 49th Ave. Portland, OR 97219

How to Apply:
Official title for this position is: Web Analyst.

Supplemental question:
Please describe a large-scale web application that you recently worked on. What was your role? How much of the coding were you responsible for? - See more at: https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000372958-01#sthash.QPFXNec9.dpuf