Conference registration software with online payment

Conference registration software with online payment

Davina Gould
I have been asked to research software that would take online conference registrations (with credit card payment) and automatically process the information into event management software.  Right now, we have custom-programmed online conference registrations, but they are extremely complex forms that are time-consuming for our webmaster to update.  After the information and payments are processed online, our events office manually enters the information into their software, Summit Pro.

Does anyone have recommendations on software that can streamline this process (even if it requires replacing the existing event management software)?

------
Davina Y. Gould
Director of Publications and Online Communications
Stetson University College of Law
--- You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email]. To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email] with the word UNSUBSCRIBE as the SUBJECT of the message. Make Web-based changes or subscribe/unsubscribe at: http://listserver.itd.umich.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=uwebd&text_mode=0. If you experience problems, contact list owner Terry Calhoun at [hidden email]. Visit uwebd's FAQ sheet, maintained by Kevin Lowey, at http://www.usask.ca/web_project/uwebd/.

Re: Conference registration software with online payment

Elizabeth Gusnoski
In my previous life working with non-profits, I had some good success
with a little service called GiftTool. http://www.gifttool.com.

In evaluating options, I found that event management tools offer various
combinations of three different components: online registration /
management, event management, and payment processing.

GiftTool offers the online registration part, with a few event
management type tools (generates reports of registrant lists, creates
name tags, etc), and then integrates with a number of different payment
processors. After the event, we could export the reports to .csv or .xls
documents and import them into event management or CRM software
(Salesforce, in our case). It's very reasonably priced, fairly easy to
use, and was quick to get up and running. The forms are customized to
look like your website (or whatever you want them to). The system was
flexible enough to accommodate multiple languages, streams, price
structures, etc. It is a hosted service, so the registration system /
forms reside on their machines (in Canada), if that's an issue for your
organization.

You might also want to investigate Cvent (http://www.cvent.com) , which
handles the whole thing (online reg, email marketing, event management,
payment processing), but the price tag is hefty. It's worth checking out
their online demo to see how an enterprise level supplier approaches
it.. with the warning that their sales people are very, VERY persistent
once they have your name.  What they were offering seemed like overkill
to me, unless you're looking at 1000+ attendees. I guess it depends on
your events.

--

Elizabeth Gusnoski
Web Developer

T: 780-428-7278
E: [hidden email]

__
---

---
You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email].
with the word UNSUBSCRIBE as the SUBJECT of the message.

Make Web-based changes or subscribe/unsubscribe at:

Visit uwebd's FAQ sheet, maintained by Kevin Lowey, at http://www.usask.ca/web_project/uwebd/.

RE: Conference registration software with online payment

VanderBush, Ed
regonline.com is AWESOME...  bit pricy but the solution is top notch.

Ed

Visit uwebd's FAQ sheet, maintained by Kevin Lowey, at http://www.usask.ca/web_project/uwebd/.

Re: Conference registration software with online payment

Sarah Eva Krancic
Re: [uwebd] Conference registration software with online payment We recently had a great experience with RegOnline. We hosted a weekend conference with several days worth of events. The conference had different attendance caps for each individual hour of programming, and tiered pricing, discount codes, etc. We accepted e-checks, paypal and PO’s for payment, and the system was able to manage it all and create exceptional reporting, badge designs, etc, all with minimal time investment by a technical web staffer.  It’s basically a CMS for event form management, with super-granular functionality if you need it.
http://www.regonline.com/

You can create your entire event for free, and only if you want to make it live and usable do you need to enter billing info. Definitely worth trying out...
:) saraheva

Saraheva Krancic
Director of Online Marketing and Web Communication

The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
325 North Wells Street
Chicago, Illinois 60610

312.467.2134
http://www.thechicagoschool.edu

On 9/23/08 12:38 PM, "Davina Gould" <davinagould@...> wrote:

I have been asked to research software that would take online conference registrations (with credit card payment) and automatically process the information into event management software.  Right now, we have custom-programmed online conference registrations, but they are extremely complex forms that are time-consuming for our webmaster to update.  After the information and payments are processed online, our events office manually enters the information into their software, Summit Pro.

Does anyone have recommendations on software that can streamline this process (even if it requires replacing the existing event management software)?

------
Davina Y. Gould
Director of Publications and Online Communications
Stetson University College of Law
gould@... • www.law.stetson.edu <http://www.law.stetson.edu/>
--- You are currently subscribed to uwebd@... as: skrancic@.... To unsubscribe send an email to uwebd-request@... with the word UNSUBSCRIBE as the SUBJECT of the message. Make Web-based changes or subscribe/unsubscribe at: http://listserver.itd.umich.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=uwebd&text_mode=0. If you experience problems, contact list owner Terry Calhoun at splendid@.... Visit uwebd's FAQ sheet, maintained by Kevin Lowey, at http://www.usask.ca/web_project/uwebd/.
---
You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email].
with the word UNSUBSCRIBE as the SUBJECT of the message.

Make Web-based changes or subscribe/unsubscribe at:

Visit uwebd's FAQ sheet, maintained by Kevin Lowey, at http://www.usask.ca/web_project/uwebd/.

Re: Conference registration software with online payment

Matt Herzberger
Here are two

Thanks
-Matt

--

Matt Herzberger
Web Designer

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Sarah Eva Krancic <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Meg Houston Maker
regonline.com is AWESOME...  bit pricy but the solution is top notch.

Ditto that. A bit expensive if you use their payment processor, but they offer excellent service, tools, and downloadable reports.

---