Fully Supported Web Hosting Providers

Jonathan Pierce

Hi All,

Has anyone on the list had experience with a web hosting provider that can provide server software administration support as well as hosting? Alternately, has anyone used an external vendor to provide web server administration? The short story: a series of staff changes/reductions have left us with a significant knowledge gap in web server administration. We are exploring at least temporary solutions until that gap can be closed.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Jonathan

Jonathan Pierce

Webmaster

Linfield College

www.linfield.edu

Re: Fully Supported Web Hosting Providers

Gregg Banse-2
Hi Jonathan,
It depends on the platform you're using. For WordPress I can recommend WP Engine. For Drupal I can recommend Acquia. What platform are you using?

Gregg

Gregg
Digital strategist and marketer prone to fits of curiosity.
Solver of digital puzzles. Architect of digital solutions.

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 3:24 PM, Jonathan Pierce <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,

Has anyone on the list had experience with a web hosting provider that can provide server software administration support as well as hosting? Alternately, has anyone used an external vendor to provide web server administration? The short story: a series of staff changes/reductions have left us with a significant knowledge gap in web server administration. We are exploring at least temporary solutions until that gap can be closed.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Jonathan

Jonathan Pierce

Webmaster

Linfield College

RE: Fully Supported Web Hosting Providers

Jonathan Pierce
We run Modx and a few small Wordpress installations in a LAMP environment. Modx has a hosted cloud solution but we still need to manage the Wordpress and an assortment of webapps external to the WCMS.

Jonathan

Re: Fully Supported Web Hosting Providers

Gregg Banse-2
Hi Jonathan,
For the WP installs you can use WP Engine. I'm not sure about the others. WP Engine is strictly WordPress. Does the ModX cloud solution allow for non ModX files?