Google Analytics

Keeling, Diana

Hey everyone,

We are behind the times and are still looking into google analytics in our 'spare time'. We have watched all of the videos from the Google Analytics Academy but was wondering if anyone else has been to either in person training or instructor led online training that they found beneficial?  We are still finding ourselves with a lot of questions that I'm sure an instructor could answer.

Diana Keeling

Web Development Group Manager

Western Kentucky University

Information Technology – Enterprise Applications and Programming

t: 270.745.5599 | e[hidden email]

Re: Google Analytics

Mosinskis, Peter

Hi Diana,

A couple of us from CSUCI did the Cardinal Path training academy, which was intensive and very good for learning about the power of GA. Still, it takes time to think through how you implement a web analytics program/initiative at your university. We are just starting with this, and focusing to begin with on providing & communicating consistent dashboards.

I'm also very interested in the HigherEd Experts course:

http://higheredexperts.com/edu/course/web-analytics-for-higher-ed/

Best,

Peter

___________________________
Peter Mosinskis, PMP
Director of IT Strategy
Division of Technology & Innovation (T&I)
California State University Channel Islands (CI)
One University Drive
Camarillo CA 93012 USA
+1 (805) 437-8587

Re: Google Analytics

Matt Herzberger-2
Diana-

I would agree with the recommendation Peter made another is Luna Metrics. But I would like to add that tool proficiency which I would guess you may have gotten from the Google Academy is only 30-40% of the puzzle. The real hard part is what is relevant, what to measure, and how can the data be used to make informed business decisions by both your team and well as campus leadership.

-Matt

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 11:50 AM, Mosinskis, Peter <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

t: <a href="tel:(270)%20745-5599" value="+12707455599" target="_blank">270.745.5599 | e[hidden email]

RE: Google Analytics

Kisseberth, Sara

Check out the Web Analytics for Higher Ed Course.

Like you, I was ‘doing’ analytics in my ‘spare time’ when I took this class a while back. It was very helpful to help pull all the pieces together.