Intranets

Jeanne Commette

We are looking for a new intranet cms. We have only looked at one system so far -- Communifire’s intranet CMS software by Axero.  I would appreciate any information regarding the type of system used at your institution and if you think it does a good job of delivering information to your internal audience.  Thanks.

Jeanne M. Commette

Director of Web Development
ENDICOTT COLLEGE
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915

(978) 232-2344

www.endicott.edu

Re: Intranets

Mosinskis, Peter

Hi Jeanne,

I'd love to hear what you find out, I was just asked a related question today.

For Microsoft environments, Sharepoint (especially Sharepoint in Office 365) seems like it would be an easy win; it has a ton of features and can be as basic or as customized as you want it.

Another one I came across today that looks promising is Igloo: https://www.igloosoftware.com/product/features . Has lots of out-of-box features.

I'm not sure what the purpose of your intranet site is, but another option to explore is using something like Facebook Workspaces, Slack or Yammer to manage your intranet communications.

Creating and maintaining a basic intranet site in Google Sites (if your campus is using GSuite for Education) is another option; you can restrict access to only those that can access your GSuite for Education domain, and add collaborators to pages.

Best,
Peter

Peter Mosinskis, PMP
Director of IT Strategy
Division of Technology & Innovation (T&I)
California State University Channel Islands (CI)
One University Drive
Camarillo CA 93012 USA
+1 (805) 437-8587