Moot court scheduler law school

Cambre, Aren

Do any of you have a law school? Our law school has a custom-dev product that helps with scheduling and point tracking for moot court competitions.

We need to move this app out of an old CMS we’re retiring (a CMS specific to that school; they are switching to central IT). That requires us to pull the business logic from the old CMS, apply a new UI, and do some modernization (security enhancement, integration with SAML, etc.). We’re looking at a 3 week investment of (expensive) developer time to save around 15 hours of student labor per semester. That is a poor return on investment.

A key challenge for alternatives is the number of competitions that it manages, I think around 100.

Do you automate signups? If so, how do you do it?

image001

Aren Cambre, D.Eng., '99, '03, '14
Director, Web Application Services
Office of Information Technology