Online Giving Vendors

Hoard, Brent

Who are you using for online giving support?  R-MC is currently evaluating options for a hosted online giving platform, and we would appreciate your suggestions / experiences.

Thank you!

-Brent

------------------------
Brent Hoard, Ph.D.
Director of Web Services, Randolph-Macon College
Ashland, Virginia
804.752.3058
[hidden email]

http://www.rmc.edu

Connect with R-MC!

Re: Online Giving Vendors

wbaumgardner@calbaptist.edu

Our advancement division uses MobileCause https://www.mobilecause.com. I have limited experience with it, but it does the job for them.

Waylon Baumgardner, M.S.I.T.

Senior Web Services Manager

California Baptist University

8432 Magnolia Avenue

Riverside, California 92504

Office: 951-343-4876

E-Mail: [hidden email]

LIVE YOUR PURPOSE®

From: <[hidden email]> on behalf of "Director, Web Services" <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 09:10
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [uwebd] Online Giving Vendors

I don't personally have a ton of interaction since I just linked from our site to theirs, but our giving department seems to be happy with them. Had them for about 3 years now.

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 8:56 AM, Hoard, Brent <[hidden email]> wrote:

Who are you using for online giving support?  R-MC is currently evaluating options for a hosted online giving platform, and we would appreciate your suggestions / experiences.

Thank you!

-Brent

------------------------
Brent Hoard, Ph.D.
Director of Web Services, Randolph-Macon College
Ashland, Virginia
[hidden email]

http://www.rmc.edu

Connect with R-MC!

escription: Facebook  escription: youtube  escription: Twitter  escription: LinkedIn  escription: flickr-02

Re: Online Giving Vendors

Mosinskis, Peter

​Brent, like Waylon we are using MobileCause. It works well for us.

___________________________
Peter Mosinskis, PMP
Director of IT Strategy
Division of Technology & Innovation (T&I)
California State University Channel Islands (CI)
One University Drive
Camarillo CA 93012 USA
+1 (805) 437-8587

Re: Online Giving Vendors

Meredith Purvis
Morning, all. Chiming in a bit belatedly with my two cents -- hope it's helpful.

The top platforms I've used or seen other using are iModules and Network for Good (in my previous position at UMBC, I used both). iModules seems to work well for more traditional giving (i.e., write in, multi-campaign, etc.) and does have some ability to create crowdfunding-esque pages, too. A lot of the look, styling, and form set-up are very up to the client school, so you need to have a good idea of what you want in terms of set-up and design.

Network for Good is traditionally crowdfunding, and it's a little more plug and play. In my work with both, I saw internal stakeholders prefer NFG because it automatically comes with a sleeker, more modern design. It also went over well with end users, and the option to add a tip gave a nice boost, too. The challenge is that it isn't created to easily facilitate open-ended giving (it's all project based), but I've seen people come up with work-arounds for that. You also have to create a page for each fund, which means needing to be careful about crafting content and imagery or videos that are compelling and will encourage people to give.

There are of course others (iDonate, USEED, and Stay Classy, to name a few), but I'm not as familiar with them.

Happy to speak into these more, Brent, if you'd like. Just feel free to reach out.

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 12:55 PM, Mosinskis, Peter <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Account Director

919.848-2018 ext. 104
919.322.4439

3210 Fairhill Dr. Suite 150, Raleigh NC 27612

Re: Online Giving Vendors

Jeffrey Butera
I just wanted to add that Technolutions Slate, who started with their admissions CRM is now moving into Advancement area.  They have a webinar later this week with formal announcement.

I don't claim to know what their intention is - purely CRM and alumni engagement or fully inclusive platform including fundraising.

Jeff

On 5/1/17 9:46 AM, Meredith Purvis wrote:
[...]

<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%28805%29%20437-8587" value="+18054378587" target="_blank">+1 (805) 437-8587

Who are you using for online giving support?  R-MC is currently evaluating options for a hosted online giving platform, and we would appreciate your suggestions / experiences.

Thank you!

-Brent

 ------------------------

Brent Hoard, Ph.D.
Director of Web Services, Randolph-Macon College
Ashland, Virginia
<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%28804%29%20752-3058" value="+18047523058" target="_blank">804.752.3058
[hidden email]

http://www.rmc.edu

--
Jeffrey Butera, PhD
Associate Director for Application and Web Services

Re: Online Giving Vendors

Matt Hames
Giving platforms:

So the question we're grappling with is in who? For the annual giving fund % number, we'll take any gift to get to 50%. We mostly take $13. However, our giving form is one-size fits all, and designed for the larger gifts. Ergo, we're seeking one click giving platforms to grab impulse gifts – especially via Facebook ads.

We've used Give Campus, but we're now experimenting with on Facebook giving. I'll let you know how that goes.

Matt Hames.

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 9:56 AM, Jeffrey Butera <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

M: 716 289 8086   O: 315 228 6637
What I’m reading: http://delicious.com/mrhames
What I'm thinking: |  LinkedIn – Slideshare.net

Re: Online Giving Vendors

April Taulbee
We recently completed a "day of giving" campaign using Mobilecause. For the most part, they were pretty good but from a web perspective the platform lacked some integration and embedding features we would have liked. Our advancement office also felt there were some missing features, though I don't know the detail of their assessment. Next time, we'll likely investigate other options first.

April Taulbee
D'Youville College

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Matt Hames <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

M: <a href="tel:(716)%20289-8086" value="+17162898086" target="_blank">716 289 8086   O: <a href="tel:(315)%20228-6637" value="+13152286637" target="_blank">315 228 6637

www.dyc.edu