Photo archiving suggestions

Leslie DuPree

We’ve been using the open source Coppermine for photo archiving for many years. I’ve been asked to look for other possible products or platforms we could use, open source or not.

I don’t have a problem with Coppermine but others in my C&M  department aren’t satisfied. (Most of the problem is people dumping in photos without tagging.)

Any suggestions for comparison? We would consider a paid product if price not crazy.

Thanks,

Leslie

Leslie DuPree

Director of Web Services and New Media

Augustana College, Rock Island, Ill.

augustana.edu

Re: Photo archiving suggestions

Schuster, Gerald

Hi Leslie,

We use Photoshelter and it works perfect for archiving as well as public access to galleries, slideshow integration for faculty/staff portfolios, and media integration with CMS. I have copied Brett Roseman, university photographer on this email. He's our Photoshelter expert and should be able to answer any questions.

Gary

GARY SCHUSTER
Web Coordinator
University Marketing

715.232.2284 office
[hidden email]

University of Wisconsin-Stout
Wisconsin's Polytechnic University
www.uwstout.edu

RE: Photo archiving suggestions

Harwood, Catherine

We had a demo of Libris https://libris.photoshelter.com/ -- it was very powerful but tagging properly was key to it working as well so you would have the same issue I would think even in a paid system if people don’t tag well.

Catherine Harwood

Eastern Florida State College

Manager, Web and Social Media

Cocoa Campus, Building 13, Rm 124

321-433-5931 (Office)

321-243-0213 (Cell)

harwoodc@...

RE: Photo archiving suggestions

Roedel, Mark

We use the open source ResourceSpace – it’s subject to the same tagging issue, but the new version just released includes a plugin that uses Google’s image recognition API to suggest keywords, so I’m hoping that’ll help…

We’ve been using the open source Coppermine for photo archiving for many years. I’ve been asked to look for other possible products or platforms we could use, open source or not.

I don’t have a problem with Coppermine but others in my C&M  department aren’t satisfied. (Most of the problem is people dumping in photos without tagging.)

Any suggestions for comparison? We would consider a paid product if price not crazy.

Re: Photo archiving suggestions

Karen To-2
We also use ResourceSpace and didn't know about the new release with the Google Vision API.

I agree that insufficient metadata is more of a process issue than a technological one.

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 8:05 AM, Roedel, Mark <[hidden email]> wrote:

We use the open source ResourceSpace – it’s subject to the same tagging issue, but the new version just released includes a plugin that uses Google’s image recognition API to suggest keywords, so I’m hoping that’ll help…

We’ve been using the open source Coppermine for photo archiving for many years. I’ve been asked to look for other possible products or platforms we could use, open source or not.

I don’t have a problem with Coppermine but others in my C&M  department aren’t satisfied. (Most of the problem is people dumping in photos without tagging.)

Any suggestions for comparison? We would consider a paid product if price not crazy.

April fools sites?

Tepfer, Seth
Which schools are doing a fun site for April 1st?

Sent from my iPhone

________________________________

prohibited.

Re: April fools sites?

Nina Nolan Rouse
We have something fun planned at St. Norbert College. Check it out tomorrow at snc.edu; facebook.com/stnorbert; twitter.com/stnorbert or instagram.com/stnorbert.

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 6:00 PM, Tepfer, Seth <[hidden email]> wrote:
Which schools are doing a fun site for April 1st?

Sent from my iPhone

________________________________

prohibited.

Nina Nolan Rouse
Interim Director of Communications and Marketing
St. Norbert College
Office of Communications
100 Grant St.
De Pere, WI 54115-2099
-------------------------
Phone: 920-403-4011

Re: April fools sites?

Kathy Jensen
We decided to start Friday afternoon, hoping for more viewers than what we get on a Saturday: https://twin-cities.umn.edu/

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 6:00 PM, Tepfer, Seth <[hidden email]> wrote:
Which schools are doing a fun site for April 1st?

Sent from my iPhone

________________________________

prohibited.

Kathy Jensen
Director of Digital Communications | University Relations
university-relations.umn.edu

University of Minnesota | umn.edu
[hidden email][hidden email]
[hidden email]612-624-5808

Re: April fools sites?

Sr Kathleen Mary Burns

--
Sr. Kathleen Burns, IHM, EdD
Director of Web Development

RE: Photo archiving suggestions

Linza, Judy L

We used to use Coppermine to. We use Gallery Server Pro now and it works really well for us.

Judy Linza
Webmaster/Team Leader
Alfred University
1 Saxon Drive