RFP's

Linza, Judy L

Does anyone have a website redesign RFP they would be willing to share or good links to examples?

Thanks.

Judy Linza
Webmaster
Alfred University
1 Saxon Drive
Alfred, NY 14802
Ph: 607.871.2727
Fx: 607.871.2377
our.alfred.edu
my.alfred.edu
www.alfred.edu

RE: RFP's

Sean Walsh

Hi Judy,

We’ve one that you might find useful.  Not sure if your project is incorporating WCMS but there definitely components that’ll help. http://www.terminalfour.com/sample-rfp/

It may not be exactly what you’re looking for but hopefully it’ll offer insights and combined with something else may help you out.

Seán

Re: RFP's

Zachary Henderson
Hi Judy,

Depending on where you are in the RFP process, this issue of our Higher Education Marketer's Guide series may be helpful to you: How to Write an RFP for Website Design & Development

Zac

.edu site search

Duke, Sean
Hello Listers,

If you would care to opine: how protective are you of your main site’s search result content?

Here’s a BRIEF poll that will show you the results upon completion:

Our college has separate sites for

-student govt.
-student newspaper

and people want both of them indexed so you can visit our college’s main .edu site to search for content from any of those. Does that make sense to you?

Please take the survey and let us all know :)

Thanks!

Sean Duke
Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications

Shoreline Community College
Public Information Office
16101 Greenwood Ave. N
Shoreline, WA 98133
Ph. 206-533-6659

RE: .edu site search

Angela French

Is the issue one of diluting the main site’s search results with the possible result of creating a poorer UX for main site users?

Angela French

WA State Board for Community and Technical Colleges

Re: .edu site search

Duke, Sean
Yes, exactly. I’m just seeking the balance between strict “purity” and appropriate/beneficial inclusion.

Until not long ago, we had our intranet included in the search results too. That was just awful as it pulled in word docs and pdfs of meeting minutes and other things useless to prospective or even current students.

Sean

On Mar 3, 2016, at 8:35 AM, Angela French <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

<message-footer.txt>

RE: .edu site search

Angela Burrell-2

Hi Sean,

Our school has two official websites (a prospective site and a portal) and we use Google Custom Search (so we can limit it to the domain of each site). To my personal dismay, all of our student groups (and now our Athletics department) have abandoned the student/staff portal in favour of third-party, off-site websites, so we couldn’t search them even if we wanted to.

Regardless, I’m not sure what value the student newspaper’s results would add to the main website. One of the things we have done on our site is add “sub-searches”; for example, if you are on our news listing page, you can search within news articles; if you are on our program listing page, you can search for a program. (These searches are done within our CMS and not by Google CSE). Perhaps you could do something similar for your student sites.

Angela Burrell

Web Developer

Information Technology

Lambton College

Sarnia, Ontario

RE: .edu site search

Angela French

What CMS are you using Angela Burrell?

Angela French

SBCTC.edu

RE: .edu site search

Angela Burrell-2

Ektron (now EpiServer). It has a couple choices for search; we’re using Microsoft Search Server with it, but decided to go with Google CSE for our website-wide searching.

Re: .edu site search

Duke, Sean
Hi All,

Just a note to say thanks to everyone who commented and took my survey about site search. Here are the results:

Regards,