Re: RE: [uwebd] Active Calendar - Drupal Events

Re: RE: [uwebd] Active Calendar - Drupal Events

Graham Stratford-2
We found the Drupal calendar not exactly what we were looking for, so we rolled
our own solution. You can see it at http://www.queensu.ca/eventscalendar.

The calendar is responsive and fully accessible, works with or without
JavaScript, and with browsers back to IE8. There are several different display
options.

Any members of the Queen's community (authenticated via Shibboleth) can add
events with not restrictions once the people are approved. There is a mechanism
for reporting and handling abuse, but in close to a year we haven't had to use
it yet. URLs are automatically tested for malware.

We have a lot more people submitting events than in our previous calendar, and
several academic and administrative are pulling RSS feeds for their own
websites.

I'm happy to answer questions, if you have them.

RE: RE: [uwebd] Active Calendar - Drupal Events

Cambre, Aren

Is this fully homegrown, or did you start with something?

Aren Cambre, D.Eng., '99, '03, '14

Director, Web Application Services

Office of Information Technology

Southern Methodist University