Re: WordpressMU login over SSL

Bill Dennen
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I added this to wp-config.php and it
seems to do the right thing:

--
define('FORCE_SSL_ADMIN', true);
define('FORCE_SSL_LOGIN', true);

In Sven's previous note, he said:

> We had to modify WPMU in various small ways (to disable
> open signups and blog creation, to require LDAP authentication, to
> enforce SSL encryption, etc.) and
> all this tweaking is disconcerting, because it means that each time
> we upgrade WPMU or any of its
> component parts we need to re-do the changes we made, and first of
> course we have to understand both
> the old and new code well enough to make sure the changes are still
> correct. It's not always easy to
> keep up with WPMU changes either, and new versions don't seem to
> come out in the concrete, official
> way that they do with WordPress itself or other platforms.

I've found that the latest version of WPMU takes care of many of these
concerns.

- there is now an option to disable open signups and blogs
- there is a plugin to do LDAP authentication
- SSL encryption -- (the above code works)

Tracking new versions of WPMU is still difficult, though.

-Bill

---
You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email].
with the word UNSUBSCRIBE as the SUBJECT of the message.

Make Web-based changes or subscribe/unsubscribe at:

Visit uwebd's FAQ sheet, maintained by Kevin Lowey, at http://www.usask.ca/web_project/uwebd/.