Seeking insight on updating a Google map

Seeking insight on updating a Google map

Esena Jackson
Im trying to figure out if there is a way to update our Google map now that Mapmaker is dead. I need to add some buildings and relocate some athletic fields. I haven't found a way to accomplish this on Google maps. If anyone else in the same situation or already has a solution, it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks,
Esena

--
Esena Jackson
Associate Director of Interactive Media

Re: Seeking insight on updating a Google map

Gary Gordon
Esena,

I'm presuming you saw this:  https://support.google.com/mapmaker/answer/7195127?hl=en   was it any help?

Gary

Gary M. Gordon
Webmaster, Department of IT

New Jersey City University
Rossey Hall, in Suite 31, Room 28 (on the ground floor)
Division of Administration and Finance
Department of Information Technology

Primary Phone:    <a href="tel:8565283246" target="_blank">856-528-3246
Office Phone:     <a href="tel:201-200-2189" value="+12012002189" target="_blank">201-200-2189
Website:   http://it.njcu.edu/
Email:       [hidden email]

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 9:40 AM, Esena Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Im trying to figure out if there is a way to update our Google map now that Mapmaker is dead. I need to add some buildings and relocate some athletic fields. I haven't found a way to accomplish this on Google maps. If anyone else in the same situation or already has a solution, it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks,
Esena

--
Esena Jackson
Associate Director of Interactive Media
College Communications
Hamilton College
198 College Hill Road
Clinton, NY 13323

Re: Seeking insight on updating a Google map

Joel Armstrong

I can’t offer a Google solution, but due to map maker being essentially dead in Australia for a while longer we’re close launching a new map made with Map Maker and Open Street Map.

It started as a Student project we put forward one of our Information Sciences schools last year and they really delivered. One of the students involved now works part time in our division putting the finishing touches on it.

--

Joel Armstrong

Digital & UI Designer

Web Services | Information Management & Technology Services (IMTS) | Building 39B Level 2

University of Wollongong NSW 2522

T + 61 2 4221 3902

W  www.uow.edu.au

NOTICE: This email is intended for the addressee name and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Re: Seeking insight on updating a Google map

Andrew Harris-3

Yes, we left Google long ago due to inaccuracy, lack of coverage, and ‘poachers’.

OpenStreetMap interpreted through various services has been great for us for about 8 years now.

More recently, we’ve used Mapbox for styling and adding extra detail and overlays – it’s great.

When something changes, I can have the map updated within hours.

Cheers,

Andrew

--

Andrew Harris | CMS Platform Support

External Relations | University Services

Level 2, 32 Lincoln Square North

http://maps.unimelb.edu.au/parkville/building/245

The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010 Australia

T: +61 3 8344 2865 | E: [hidden email]