Survey: SEO Tools In Use

Avalee Harlton
Hi all --

I'm curious what tools everyone is using to monitor SEO (page rank, keywords, etc.) and what are your impressions (like? dislike? pros? cons?)

Thoughts? Please share!

cheers,

Avalee

Avalee Harlton
Service Coordinator & Web Content Designer/Editor | Integration, Design & Identity Services (IDIS) | UIT, York University
416-736-2100 ext. 20628 | [hidden email]

Re: Survey: SEO Tools In Use

nick-johansson
MOZ (formerly SEOmoz) is a tool i used in my past position and hoping to start using in my new position. Really good tool that allows you to track keyword rankings, competitors, inbound links and much more. When my focus was primarily SEO this was by far my best tracking tool. In addition i think MOZ gives you the first month free so you can go in and try the tool to see if it meets your requirements.

Hope that helps,

Nick

Re: Survey: SEO Tools In Use

Matt Herzberger-2
I have used a few tools myself

Woorank - good for high-level overview not real deep
Moz- This has everything, it is a firehose, but has tons you can dig into, will give you a lot of actionable things to do

-Matt

photo
Matt Herzberger
Principal Consultant / CEO, Aligned Path
p:<a href="tel:319-400-2797" style="color:#8d8d8d;text-decoration:none">319-400-2797 | w:http://alignedpath.com

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 1:23 PM, Avalee Harlton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all --

I'm curious what tools everyone is using to monitor SEO (page rank, keywords, etc.) and what are your impressions (like? dislike? pros? cons?)

Thoughts? Please share!

cheers,

Avalee

Avalee Harlton
Service Coordinator & Web Content Designer/Editor | Integration, Design & Identity Services (IDIS) | UIT, York University

-Matt Herzberger

[hidden email]

Gtalk: [hidden email]

Re: Survey: SEO Tools In Use

Avalee Harlton
Thanks Matt -- I've been hearing buzz about both Woorank and Moz.

For everyone else, are you using any tools to monitor your SEO, or are you simply using best practices and hoping for the best? (There's no right or wrong answer to this question -- I'm just curious!)

From:        Matt Herzberger <[hidden email]>
To:        "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Date:        2014/12/18 04:11 PM
Subject:        Re: [uwebd] Survey: SEO Tools In Use

I have used a few tools myself

Woorank - good for high-level overview not real deep
Moz- This has everything, it is a firehose, but has tons you can dig into, will give you a lot of actionable things to do

-Matt

Matt Herzberger
Principal Consultant / CEO, Aligned Path

p:<a href="tel:319-400-2797">319-400-2797 | w:http://alignedpath.com

My latest post:Anatomy of a Perfect Academic Program Page

Get a signature like this: Click here!

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 1:23 PM, Avalee Harlton <aharlton@...> wrote:
Hi all --

I'm curious what tools everyone is using to monitor SEO (page rank, keywords, etc.) and what are your impressions (like? dislike? pros? cons?)

Thoughts? Please share!

cheers,

Avalee

Avalee Harlton

Service Coordinator & Web Content Designer/Editor
| Integration, Design & Identity Services (IDIS) | UIT, York University

You are currently subscribed to
uwebd@....
To unsubscribe send an email to
listserv@... with the subject line unsubscribe uwebd. Leave the message body blank. If you experience problems, contact list owner Eric Kreider at ewk@.... More information is available at: http://www.uakron.edu/webteam/university-web-developers.dot

--
-Matt Herzberger

mherzberger@...

Gtalk:
mherzberger@...
www.linkedin.com/in/mattherzberger/

To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email] with the subject line unsubscribe uwebd. Leave the message body blank. If you experience problems, contact list owner Eric Kreider at [hidden email]. More information is available at:

From:        Matt Herzberger <[hidden email]>
To:        "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Date:        2014/12/18 04:11 PM

p:<a href="tel:319-400-2797" target="_blank">319-400-2797 | w:http://alignedpath.com

My latest post:Anatomy of a Perfect Academic Program Page

Get a signature like this: Click here!

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 1:23 PM, Avalee Harlton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all --

I'm curious what tools everyone is using to monitor SEO (page rank, keywords, etc.) and what are your impressions (like? dislike? pros? cons?)

Thoughts? Please share!

cheers,

Avalee

Avalee Harlton

Service Coordinator & Web Content Designer/Editor
| Integration, Design & Identity Services (IDIS) | UIT, York University

You are currently subscribed to
[hidden email].
To unsubscribe send an email to
[hidden email] with the subject line unsubscribe uwebd. Leave the message body blank. If you experience problems, contact list owner Eric Kreider at [hidden email]. More information is available at: http://www.uakron.edu/webteam/university-web-developers.dot

--
-Matt Herzberger

[hidden email]

Gtalk:
[hidden email]
www.linkedin.com/in/mattherzberger/

To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email] with the subject line unsubscribe uwebd. Leave the message body blank. If you experience problems, contact list owner Eric Kreider at [hidden email]. More information is available at:
http://www.uakron.edu/webteam/university-web-developers.dot

Tabita Green
Director of Web Content
Luther College
Office: 563-387-1902
Cell: 563-387-7663

Re: Survey: SEO Tools In Use

Ragland16
Hey there are a lot of tools to monitor the SEO progress. I also use white hat SEO Programs for my personal blog and like to use Moz and SEMRush for monitoring the progress and for competitor analysis. SEMRush provides a lot of power to you along with some basic features.